Church of Bergolio [new religion founded at Rome in 2013].

RealMcCoy

SW Member
Anyhow, how do you know dinosaurs didn't think of God?

We'd mock pacific islanders with their stupid pagan beliefs cause their thick and we're smart but yet they know God?

Does a dog or a sheep know the divine? Dunno, and neither do you.

Eriugena

SW Member
Man created the concept of God in order to better understand the infinite and divine.

Theyre just words. The truth is unchangeable, it just is. It's only our understanding and conception which changes.
How could you know that?
There's a contradiction in there: If "The truth is unchangeable, it just is." is true, then "It's only our understanding and conception which changes." is false, or, if the latter claim is true, then the truth of the former could never be known, as both claims are subject to change

RealMcCoy

SW Member
How could you know that?
There's a contradiction in there: If "The truth is unchangeable, it just is." is true, then "It's only our understanding and conception which changes." is false, or, if the latter claim is true, then the truth of the former could never be known, as both claims are subject to change

How could the former claim be subject to change? We live in an existence which is governed by physical law. Perhaps beyond it there lies a capability to change it but as far as we know this is the way the universe works.

And the struggle to understand God is generally based on the desire to understand this existence and what is responsible for it. Therefore giving the searcher a sense of place and understanding.

It's not my fault most people's struggle with the divine doesnt expand beyond that.

Eriugena

SW Member
How could the former claim be subject to change?
Because on your argument we only have understanding and conceptions of statements which are subject to change. So we could not know if the former statement is true.
We live in an existence which is governed by physical law. Perhaps beyond it there lies a capability to change it but as far as we know this is the way the universe works.
We are not talking about how the universe works but about the limits of the human intellect and the status of propositions.
And the struggle to understand God is generally based on the desire to understand this existence and what is responsible for it. Therefore giving the searcher a sense of place and understanding.

It's not my fault most people's struggle with the divine doesnt expand beyond that.

RealMcCoy

SW Member
Because on your argument we only have understanding and conceptions of statements which are subject to change. So we could not know if the former statement is true.

We are not talking about how the universe works but about the limits of the human intellect and the status of propositions.
But the universe isn't subject to change. Perhaps at a quantam fourth dimensional level, but whoever is responsible for that, within our limited understanding, seems to want to keep it the way it is. But what we regard as time may be subjective so who knows what the fuck theyre up to.

Human understanding only works within the confines it's allowed to. So ya, the physical laws of the universe are kinda important.

We may break through them, and perhaps we're meant to, but we're not there yet, so I see it as advisable to follow universal law as it is until that time.

Eriugena

SW Member
But the universe isn't subject to change. Perhaps at a quantam fourth dimensional level, but whoever is responsible for that, within our limited understanding, seems to want to keep it the way it is. But what we regard as time may be subjective so who knows what the fuck theyre up to.
As I said, we are not talking about how the universe works, and by the way it is entirely subject to change. The physical universe is in a continuous state of alteration.
Human understanding only works within the confines it's allowed to.
It's a question as to what those confines are, as you call them.
So ya, the physical laws of the universe are kinda important.
Not to this question, because the intellect itself is prior to anything we may encounter such as the physical universe.

RealMcCoy

SW Member
As I said, we are not talking about how the universe works, and by the way it is entirely subject to change. The physical universe is in a continuous state of alteration.

It's a question as to what those confines are, as you call them.

Not to this question, because the intellect itself is prior to anything we may encounter such as the physical universe.

Subject to physical law, as we understand it.

Confines are confines. It would be great if we understood everything but we don't. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Confines.

Perhaps, but we can't prove that. The intellict is only as intellecutal as relativity allows. For example I regard many of the great intellects of our time as idiots. Completely relative. In not happy about that btw.

But others regard them as great intellects so I suppose they must be?

ILLUSTRO

SW Member
I have been sceptical about Francis, but credit where credit is due.

Unfortunately, Bergolio being Bergolio, he follows up a statement saying that "Abortion is evil" with another statement saying that we should not bar from Holy Communion anyone who supports and promotes abortion. The follow up statement negates the entire sentiment to begin with.

It seems the only reason he mentioned abortion being evil, was simply to then say that it's no longer an automatic ex-communication issue (which it is). So in point of fact - he's made the situation for Catholics less clear by watering down the seriousness of the sin. Classic Bergolio.

The Field Marshal

Founding Member
SW Member
I have been sceptical about Francis, but credit where credit is due.

Bergolio in true serpent style speaks frequently with a forked tongue in order to deceive.
If Bergolio actually believed that abortion is murder then why did he remain entirely silent during the referendum in Ireland to approve abortion?

As the perceived visible head of the church to which the majority of Irish people belong his silence during the abortion referendum indicated clear consent to what was happening.

No.
Bergolio is a dangerous deceiver and a cunning enemy of the human race.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Top Bottom