COVID-19 Economic destruction caused by the covid restrictions

Mowl

There was six pubs in our town, now in the main town area, the main or most popular pub has gone, they couldn't afford another lockdown, the restaurant attached to the pub ( which was badly needed) is gone. Also no nightlife for the young, or an off-license ( which was attached to the main pub in the town). All that is left in the main area of the town is a greasy kebab shop and a fast food restaurant, and an indian, they will probably go too, because there are no drunk punters in that area - on the weekends. The five pubs, that are remaining are struggling badly as it is.
I was in the middle of a chat yesterday. They were all moaning about possible deaths. I asked if I could ask one question and they agreed.

The question (they did not like it) was what is a penis for? Give the Irish Colleens a grant and increase children's allowance and 200,000
could be replaced in no time.

bells of shandon

SW Member
I was in the middle of a chat yesterday. They were all moaning about possible deaths. I asked if I could ask one question and they agreed.

The question (they did not like it) was what is a penis for? Give the Irish Colleens a grant and increase children's allowance and 200,000
could be replaced in no time.
Val, have you done your bit of bulling for Ireland, we need every man to stand and deliver to increase his progeny .

Mowl

Val, have you done your bit of bulling for Ireland, we need every man to stand and deliver to increase his progeny .
There needs to be money made available to young women. I got a meal in a North East diner with outdoor Covid sit down this evening.

There were about 6 nice young women serving the tables. Good figures and pleasant disposition. Why not let the auld ones die off and pay
the money to these women to have babies to replace them? If men are scarce, there would be AI, like my cows or there could be a man sharing scheme

That would beat then Covid in a few years.

bells of shandon

SW Member
There needs to be money made available to young women. I got a meal in a North East diner with outdoor Covid sit down this evening.

There were about 6 nice young women serving the tables. Good figures and pleasant disposition. Why not let the auld ones die off and pay
the money to these women to have babies to replace them? If men are scarce, there would be AI, like my cows or there could be a man sharing scheme

Val ,that idea is a non-starter. We have over 2million foreigners in the country .They would be first to avail of more free money just to phuc Ireland.
We would need to direct the money at Irish heritage breeders only and that is not politically possible in the present climate of political correctness.
Only the NP have the balls to put thru such a policy, to phuc for Ireland,as opposed to phuc the Irish taxpayer.

Polyco

Founding Member

Straight out of Dr Strangelove -

"Well, that would not be necessary Mr. President. It could easily be accomplished with a computer. And a computer could be set and programmed to accept factors from youth, health, sexual fertility, intelligence, and a cross section of necessary skills. Of course it would be absolutely vital that our top government and military men be included to foster and impart the required principles of leadership and tradition. Naturally, they would breed prodigiously, eh? There would be much time, and little to do. But ah with the proper breeding techniques and a ratio of say, ten females to each male, I would guess that they could then work their way back to the present gross national product within say, twenty years."

Mowl

Val ,that idea is a non-starter. We have over 2million foreigners in the country .They would be first to avail of more free money just to phuc Ireland.
We would need to direct the money at Irish heritage breeders only and that is not politically possible in the present climate of political correctness.
Only the NP have the balls to put thru such a policy, to phuc for Ireland,as opposed to phuc the Irish taxpayer.
We don't have 2 million foreigners in the country. The is an overstatement.

Mowl

There seems to be no end of money from the magic money tree.

Only problem is that it will all have to paid back with interest.

It will be paid back in inflated currency if government gets its was. The loans value will be in Euros, Dollars and Sterling each of which will buy
and can of coke. As the loan is being paid back at point 15 years 24 Euro Dollar or Sterling will be needed to buy the can of coke.

There is a bridge near me on a bye-road made from concrete. It was built with government money in 1913 for £20 sterling. To day that
same bridge would cost about 65,000 Euros = £55,000.

2,750 times the price. That is the portion lenders will get. 1/2,750 the value.

gerhard dengler

Founding Member
Revenue Commissioners Tax documentation for declaration of 2020 Income and Expenditure is interesting.
What am I talking about?

Each year companies and non-PAYE individuals have to declare their income and expenditure as part of their statutory tax returns to Revenue.
Form 11 is the document which tax declarations for individuals and companies are made to Revenue.

2020 Form 11 - for the declaration of income and expenditure - is much smaller and shorter than the Form 11 issued for prior years by Revenue.
For example, you usually have to file a section called "Extract from Accounts", every year.
For tax year 2020, no such extract is required to be filled.

This declaration change may be a tacit admission by Revenue that 2020 was a year when economic activity ground to a proverbial halt for the vast majority of the population. Perhaps?

gerhard dengler

Founding Member
Ben has no borrowings outstanding, and hos gyms have no debt either.

Lots of other retail businesses do have borrowing outstanding and have debts outstanding.
Theyre completely at the mercy of the forbearance of their lenders

Latest Threads

Top Bottom