COVID-19 Economic destruction caused by the covid restrictions

IrishJohn

SW Member
Ben has no borrowings outstanding, and hos gyms have no debt either.

Lots of other retail businesses do have borrowing outstanding and have debts outstanding.
Theyre completely at the mercy of the forbearance of their lenders

When the likes of someone like Ben Dunne goes "bankrupt" he can just borrow more millions and start again.

The small businessman can't do that.

gerhard dengler

Founding Member
When the likes of someone like Ben Dunne goes "bankrupt" he can just borrow more millions and start again.

The small businessman can't do that.

BD is impervious to all of this. There's not a snowballs chance in hell that he'd go bankrupt regardless.
His gyms had been making €5m profit per year.

TheWexfordInn

SW Member
SW Member
Germany is experiencing a major shortage of HGV drivers owing to drivers whose services weren't required during the lockdown switching to other industries from which they are not returning now that their driving skills are in demand again.

This shortage is likely to increase further as all of the economic activities that require drivers to move goods around get fully up to speed.

As an aside Ill add that this driver shortage is occurring right across Europe and the U.S., it Is yet another unintended consequence caused by the clowns who mandated the lockdowns.

Because a nationwide security of supply for beer, but also for other beverages such as water, lemonade or juice, has long ceased to be a matter of course in this country.
The reason: a massive and steadily worsening shortage of drivers. The Federal Association of Freight Transport, Logistics and Disposal (BGL) and the Federal Association of Freight Forwarding and Logistics (DSLV) have jointly calculated that between 45,000 and 60,000 professional drivers are currently lacking in Germany.
“Due to the lockdowns in many industries such as the automobile, textiles or DIY stores, there was significantly less transport. Because a number of drivers did not want short-time work , they have migrated to other industries or even professions, ”says industry expert Rütters.

The situation has therefore worsened. “When old transport volumes are returned, we expect major challenges in the logistics business. Because we are skeptical whether drivers who have emigrated will return to their old jobs. ”That will lead to rising freight rates and a shortage of loading space.

Polyco

Founding Member
Germany is experiencing a major shortage of HGV drivers owing to drivers whose services weren't required during the lockdown switching to other industries from which they are not returning now that their driving skills are in demand again.

This shortage is likely to increase further as all of the economic activities that require drivers to move goods around get fully up to speed.

As an aside Ill add that this driver shortage is occurring right across Europe and the U.S., it Is yet another unintended consequence caused by the clowns who mandated the lockdowns.

Because a nationwide security of supply for beer, but also for other beverages such as water, lemonade or juice, has long ceased to be a matter of course in this country.
The reason: a massive and steadily worsening shortage of drivers. The Federal Association of Freight Transport, Logistics and Disposal (BGL) and the Federal Association of Freight Forwarding and Logistics (DSLV) have jointly calculated that between 45,000 and 60,000 professional drivers are currently lacking in Germany.
“Due to the lockdowns in many industries such as the automobile, textiles or DIY stores, there was significantly less transport. Because a number of drivers did not want short-time work , they have migrated to other industries or even professions, ”says industry expert Rütters.

The situation has therefore worsened. “When old transport volumes are returned, we expect major challenges in the logistics business. Because we are skeptical whether drivers who have emigrated will return to their old jobs. ”That will lead to rising freight rates and a shortage of loading space.
Let the school kids at it, they drive tractors and trailers of equal weight and size after all.

gerhard dengler

Founding Member
I would say that one sector benefitting from the response to the C19 pandemic, are food suppliers/retailers.
It seems to me that "take away" food is doing a roaring trade at the moment. The likes of Supermacs and other chippers seem to be running continuous delivery services these days.

clarke-connolly

Founding Member

Lorry Drivers have been treated like Shite for Years = = Poor Pay / Poor Conditions / Coerced in to Breaking Driving Laws etc

Of course Mass immigration gave a constant supply of New Drivers to Exploit = = Exploiting Workers is what Mass immigration is All About.

Jay Homer Simpson

SW Member
I would say that one sector benefitting from the response to the C19 pandemic, are food suppliers/retailers.
It seems to me that "take away" food is doing a roaring trade at the moment. The likes of Supermacs and other chippers seem to be running continuous delivery services these days.
Absolutely, I saw people during the lockdowns going out for a takeaway coffee and Sandwich twice a day. People used to mock soap operas for having characters getting takeaway coffees a few times per episode but it became a reality here when it was a legal loophole to be allowed 2km past your front door.

IrishJohn

SW Member
Its mad how so many of the "hard working Immigrants" have all gone back to their own countries once they got the PUP sent into their bank accounts.

I thought it was only the Irish who "didn't want to work".

The lads claiming the PUP in Brazil must be laughing at the Irish government.

Follow_the_trawler

SW Member
Founding Member
Last Saturday morning at 8.30 am I saw a deliveroo cyclist on my street delivering food.

What lazy sod cannot make a cup of tea / coffee, some toast & either fry an egg or some cereal.

"Essential services" - only in Ireland would P Borza and Miami Cafe be essential. (This post could probably duplicate to "when did you realise it was a scam thread"!)

Skid Row

SW Member
I've never seen so many Deliveroo/Just Eat couriers flying around the city centre. They're evrywhere.

Polyco

Founding Member
There are alot of normies who believe its "not safe" to eat in restaurants even if they are double jabbed.
And the whole tyrannical rigmarole of having to identify ones health status only goes to reinforce that view. Something of an own goal there by the hospitality trade.

Latest Threads

Top Bottom