COVID-19 Food shortages coming?

Mowl

The fact is driving HGVs is a horrible job. They are the enemy of the state, the police, the Road Safety Inspectors. They spend a lot of time away from their families, they con only park their truck in designated road side service station parks. The food outlets at these is unhealthy with only port products and chips
loaded with fat. Cant get a decent roast beef dinner with potatoes.

Police officers get promoted by prosecuting them, If they boss breaks the law it is they the drivers whose licence is endorsed.

Let the politicians get out an d drive them and let the people who elect them starve.

Mowl

I've read headlines that supermarkets are stocking up shelves with Christmas goods early in order to disguise empty shelves. But I remember exactly this time last year the Christmas stuff in lidl because I bought someone a chocolate santa for their birthday for the craic.
There was supposed to be a shortage of seed potatoes last year but I have never seen so many as last March/April.
Some are saying the petrol shortages are a thing some are calling bullshit on it.
It's hard to know what's true and what's not about the supply chains.
The only things I've noticed are the prices going up and the middle aisle in lidl isn't as good as it used to be.
The supply of building materials and electrical appliances seems to have been affected but not food, for now anyway.
In Ireland there was a severe shortage of seed potatoes, I had to order them on line. There was a shortage of cabbage plants too. I could not get many.

Eriugena

SW Member
The fact is driving HGVs is a horrible job. They are the enemy of the state, the police, the Road Safety Inspectors. They spend a lot of time away from their families, they con only park their truck in designated road side service station parks. The food outlets at these is unhealthy with only port products and chips
loaded with fat. Cant get a decent roast beef dinner with potatoes.

Police officers get promoted by prosecuting them, If they boss breaks the law it is they the drivers whose licence is endorsed.

Let the politicians get out an d drive them and let the people who elect them starve.
Surely you mean the state etc, is their enemy?

Mowl

Surely you mean the state etc, is their enemy?
The state sees them as the enemy. The state hates them, the green politicians say they are criminals to use fossil fuel. I used to accompany a lorry driver
back in the 1980. I like nice food. I used to bring sandwiches. The good available where there was parking was junk and had given most drivers a belly.

We would de-couple in England and go to better places to eat but the Police and property owners would come and move us away

In Belgium the dirty hoors would give us horse meat instead of beef.

Granny

SW Member
“Brian Madderson, chairman of the Petrol Retailers Association, told Sky News that the 'situation is going to get worse before it gets better' as he described the panic buying as a 'catastrophic situation'.

It came amid reports that one of the UK's main oil refineries is on the brink of collapse.

The Times reported that the Stanlow oil refinery in Ellesmere Port, responsible for about one sixth of the UK's road fuel, is in talks with the Government.

The Government's new plans will see 5,000 temporary visas made available for foreign HGV drivers and 5,500 for poultry workers.

Retailers have previously warned the Government that it had just 10 days to save Christmas from 'significant disruption' due to the shortfall of HGV drivers. “

Granny

SW Member
Boris Johnson has called on HGV bosses to give drivers a pay rise as the Prime Minister prepares to send them one million morale-boosting letters in the run-up to Christmas.
Ministers are said to be urging up to 40,000 retired hauliers to return to action in a last-gasp bid to save Christmas, as retailers warned the Government it has less than two weeks to prepare for the festive season.
Meanwhile, Boris Johnson is to personally sign off on a million morale-boosting letters urging drivers who turned away from the industry to get back on Britain's roads.

Mowl

Boris Johnson has called on HGV bosses to give drivers a pay rise as the Prime Minister prepares to send them one million morale-boosting letters in the run-up to Christmas.
Ministers are said to be urging up to 40,000 retired hauliers to return to action in a last-gasp bid to save Christmas, as retailers warned the Government it has less than two weeks to prepare for the festive season.
Meanwhile, Boris Johnson is to personally sign off on a million morale-boosting letters urging drivers who turned away from the industry to get back on Britain's roads.
The governments persecuted them. They promoted every policeman who took a personal delight in prosecuting them for every tittle tattle breach of massive regulations.

Mowl

Let him provide decent restaurants where they can eat without sausages, bacon, black pudding, fried eggs, chips and other shyt

Mowl

“Brian Madderson, chairman of the Petrol Retailers Association, told Sky News that the 'situation is going to get worse before it gets better' as he described the panic buying as a 'catastrophic situation'.

It came amid reports that one of the UK's main oil refineries is on the brink of collapse.

The Times reported that the Stanlow oil refinery in Ellesmere Port, responsible for about one sixth of the UK's road fuel, is in talks with the Government.

The Government's new plans will see 5,000 temporary visas made available for foreign HGV drivers and 5,500 for poultry workers.

Retailers have previously warned the Government that it had just 10 days to save Christmas from 'significant disruption' due to the shortfall of HGV drivers. “

Can you find out why that refinery is about to collapse?

Where are the electric cars and vans now? They should be the way to go. The fact is they are a scam.

Polyco

Founding Member
If food is running short because of logistical problems then why is it possible to buy bottled water that has been dragged in from France? You'd have though that is the first thing to disappear off the shelves.

Polyco

Founding Member
Truck driving is a crap job, been there, done that and wouldn't go back.

clarke-connolly

Founding Member
The state sees them as the enemy. The state hates them, the green politicians say they are criminals to use fossil fuel. I used to accompany a lorry driver
back in the 1980. I like nice food. I used to bring sandwiches. The good available where there was parking was junk and had given most drivers a belly.

We would de-couple in England and go to better places to eat but the Police and property owners would come and move us away

In Belgium the dirty hoors would give us horse meat instead of beef.
At Least you can take the Ivermectin = = So Look on the bright side ! !

SeektheFairLand

SW Member
242899386_226291706184164_1038957334273132727_n.jpg

Mowl

Truck driving is a crap job, been there, done that and wouldn't go back.
I agree 100% , Everyone hate them . Car drivers the government, police and safety people and the green anti fuel distinction rebellion.
All hate them and even some driver's wives cannot be trusted so that when their husband is away they can thieve,
Next there is a baby with a cloud of parentage hanging over him inn the house. Let the bastards of people starve.

Latest Threads

Top Bottom