COVID-19 Gemma O'Doherty looking for supporters to come to Bray courthouse 29/9th

GodsDog

Staff member
Founding Member
SW Member
I've been critical of Gemma I'm Doherty on this site. For a while she's been actively promoted by the far left establishment as a way to discredit any opposition to their agenda. She clearly went off the deep end after her Presidential campaign. Who cares about a prayer room in Dublin airport ?

Objectively though she is one the finest journalists in the country.In fairness it is not like she has much competition. She is fearless in making enemies with a corrupt Garda commissioner and the wealthiest man in the country. Ironically when one of John McCleans victims said he expected the media to edit out O'Doherty's role in bringing him to justice they didn't. The viewers themselves edited out the good that she had done over the years. Who knows why ? Maybe if they could just right her off as a nutcase they wouldn't have to confront their own lack of action in the face of injustice.

Sadly, brave or not, that once half decent journalist has been largely subsumed by the raging conspiracy nut
who has watched a few too many yank youtube conspiracy videos and who is always always banging on about communists.
If she just stuck to digging up government corruption then I'd still be happy to get behind her.
But as it stands she is toxic to any cause she gets involved in.
I wouldn't be surprised if FG and the LGBT/immigrant woke NGOs were anonymously donating money to her
as the gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited:

Futility

Founding Member
Who cares about a prayer room in Dublin airport ?
I do, I'm thinking of previous generations and groups who have different priorities to us who do not require such space.
Members of my old families came from various christian traditions and despite our disagreements and opposed views I kindly respect their customary ways.
Flying long haul or indeed flying is a big deal for some groups, you know?

page61

Founding Member
SW Member
I do, I'm thinking of previous generations and groups who have different priorities to us who do not require such space.
Members of my old families came from various christian traditions and despite our disagreements and opposed views I kindly respect their customary ways.
Flying long haul or indeed flying is a big deal for some groups, you know?
It doesn't warrant a prayer room . If your religious surly anywhere would do. if you were really concerned you could get a pair of noise cancelling headphones and pray away to your hearts content.

page61

Founding Member
SW Member
What a selfishly crap point of view from you there, we know you can do better - with a little more consideration for various groups?
It is very greedy of you to want a whole room for a silent act in an Airport.. Tell them to go to a church on their way to the airport if they are that concerned, or perhaps if they are that dodgy about flying they should consider staying local . It is not being selfish to suggest the obvious. But it is greedy to ask for a whole room in an airport ...and remember the commandment that says something like thou shalt not be a greedy person

Futility

Founding Member
It is very greedy of you to want a whole room for a silent act in an Airport.. Tell them to go to a church on their way to the airport if they are that concerned, or perhaps if they are that dodgy about flying they should consider staying local . It is not being selfish to suggest the obvious. But it is greedy to ask for a whole room in an airport ...and remember the commandment that says something like thou shalt not be a greedy person

There are so many other occasions where a chapel is most appropriate and even necessary, and let's agree, we paddies will get things built, we can do it, it's in our nature.
Have you been up the 2-3 major escalators to 'departures' in the newish T2, have you seen the height of the spanned glass roof ceiling?? Space is not an issue and the building never stops at the airport.
True though, The shops ask greedy prices these days at the airport, I'll pass on the commandment next time I fly without getting any duty free:D (better selection and cheaper in the local supermarket - they're not so greedy either!?)
it's a bit greedy getting off the plane into Dublin though, aaahh!😇
Even the agnostics and atheists like us would want a peaceful, secure, wholesome space to gather thoughts and say prayers,
Dear Lord, please "guide me from my friends . . ."

page61

Founding Member
SW Member
There are so many other occasions where a chapel is most appropriate and even necessary, and let's agree, we paddies will get things built, we can do it, it's in our nature.
Have you been up the 2-3 major escalators to 'departures' in the newish T2, have you seen the height of the spanned glass roof ceiling?? Space is not an issue and the building never stops at the airport.
True though, The shops ask greedy prices these days at the airport, I'll pass on the commandment next time I fly without getting any duty free:D (better selection and cheaper in the local supermarket - they're not so greedy either!?)
it's a bit greedy getting off the plane into Dublin though, aaahh!😇
Even the agnostics and atheists like us would want a peaceful, secure, wholesome space to gather thoughts and say prayers,
Dear Lord, please "guide me from my friends . . ."
Where would it stop..every denomination,cult, organization and group will want their own private space. If they believe god is everywhere, they will be grand.if not then they are not true believers. ;)

Futility

Founding Member
Where would it stop..every denomination,cult, organization and group will want their own private space. If they believe god is everywhere, they will be grand.if not then they are not true believers. ;)

Each to their own, perhaps one of the faithful will explain the importance or not. I presume the space would serve important functions at various times but we bystanders may not be aware of.
There now needs to be input from all the faiths, orthodox, catholic, protestant, missionary, monks, nuns n priests.
Also in strange, miraculous or unusual times and circumstances. . . one needs to have the sanctified sanctuary at hand 🤗 dear lord.
We're big enough to have a wee chapel and it's pleasant for the countries spirit to have a dedications at christmas and new year, valentines and easter, it's happy vibrant stuff for traveling families - passing through - sometimes happy, sometimes blue.

Charlottesweb

SW Member
Founding Member
Each to their own, perhaps one of the faithful will explain the importance or not. I presume the space would serve important functions at various times but we bystanders may not be aware of.
There now needs to be input from all the faiths, orthodox, catholic, protestant, missionary, monks, nuns n priests.
Also in strange, miraculous or unusual times and circumstances. . . one needs to have the sanctified sanctuary at hand 🤗 dear lord.
We're big enough to have a wee chapel and it's pleasant for the countries spirit to have a dedications at christmas and new year, valentines and easter, it's happy vibrant stuff for traveling families - passing through - sometimes happy, sometimes blue.

There is a church on airport grounds. Catholics at least are well catered for.

IrishJohn

SW Member
I've been critical of Gemma I'm Doherty on this site. For a while she's been actively promoted by the far left establishment as a way to discredit any opposition to their agenda. She clearly went off the deep end after her Presidential campaign. Who cares about a prayer room in Dublin airport ?

Objectively though she is one the finest journalists in the country.In fairness it is not like she has much competition. She is fearless in making enemies with a corrupt Garda commissioner and the wealthiest man in the country. Ironically when one of John McCleans victims said he expected the media to edit out O'Doherty's role in bringing him to justice they didn't. The viewers themselves edited out the good that she had done over the years. Who knows why ? Maybe if they could just right her off as a nutcase they wouldn't have to confront their own lack of action in the face of injustice.

The prayer room is for non-nationals and is another one of those things that makes Ireland less Irish.

Myles O'Reilly

SW Member
They are writing hysterical stuff on the net. Are going through verifiable statistics? Are they checking or do they know the prior health of the victim? Have they evidence there is any connection between shot and subsequent illness. Post hoc ergo propter hoc is not evidence.
Cuckrickard, I often wondered what would drive a man to be such a cuck'tard until someone recently said you are in fact a woman.

If that is indeed the case I would have treated you somewhat differently had I known.

Could you confirm or deny please Sir/Mam.

page61

Founding Member
SW Member
Have you been at the super silver haze again ?

Latest Threads

Top Bottom