COVID-19 Helpful List of Irish Businesses Complying with Vax Passports

I wonder how far is imposing passports on cinemas, clubs etc an effort to destroy them as a forum of social interaction. Like who nowadays would give a monkey's about not going to the cinema when they can just do Netflix?

Social interaction is kind of dead in the places that we used to go. They've been subverted.

Best to abandon them anyway.

Covidians will find they are having less and less fun, as the "elephant in the room" keeps getting bigger- More government mandates, more stupid restrictions.

Meanwhile those that want to have a life worth living are the ones who can laugh and express themselves freely. It's called "fun".

Their plans are going to fail. The only question is how long will it take.

BrendanCody

SW Member
And it begins.
Two things:

Firstly, typical PR massaging we've seen from government and businesses on this - saying we require vaccination or recovery, without mentioning the way this is enforced is by demanding a vaccine passport check.

Secondly, this is the cinema chain mandating this. The government, in lily-livered fashion, "allow" previous restrictions in place (50 at a screening) if the cinema chooses not to enforce passports. So leaving the dirty work of further rollout of passports to the businesses again. If all these passports for domestic use are supposed to disappear in 6 weeks anyway, why would cinemas even bother, unless it's because the management actually supports the whole notion of demanding passports. It's also work noting that this notice is tailored for a UK chain/market where they don't have idea of how long it will last.

Only boycotting chains who don't give viewers the option of passport-free screenings in the next few weeks will send the message that this is not acceptable.

Last edited:

AsTheQuoFlies

SW Member
Two things:

Firstly, typical PR massaging we've seen from government and businesses on this - saying we require vaccination or recovery, without mentioning the way this is enforced is by demanding a vaccine passport check.

Secondly, this is the cinema chain mandating this. The government, in lily-livered fashion, "allow" previous restrictions in place (50 at a screening) if the cinema chooses not to enforce passports. So leaving the dirty work of further rollout of passports to the businesses again. If all these passports for domestic use are supposed to disappear in 6 weeks anyway, why would cinemas even bother, unless it's because the management actually supports the whole notion of demanding passports.

Only boycotting chains who don't give viewers the option of passport-free screenings will send the message that this is not acceptable.
"If all these passports for domestic use are supposed to disappear in 6 weeks anyway"

- do you think that will actually happen? I simply cannot see these hated domestic passports disappearing. This is supposed to be first easing; however, as we can see, they are getting the passports in by getting business's to do it. I cannot see this changing. These restrictions will likely be eased in this way - business's can either operate at more limited capacity, or, fuller capacity with discrimination.

BrendanCody

SW Member
"If all these passports for domestic use are supposed to disappear in 6 weeks anyway"

- do you think that will actually happen? I simply cannot see these hated domestic passports disappearing. This is supposed to be first easing; however, as we can see, they are getting the passports in by getting business's to do it. I cannot see this changing. These restrictions will likely be eased in this way - business's can either operate at more limited capacity, or, fuller capacity with discrimination.
I don't know. I certainly hope they do keep to their promise on this one. Why would the government float the idea of passports being cancelled for domestic use at all? By doing so (a) they set themselves up for another embarrassing climbdown and (b) they discourage new businesses from investing in using them at all (rather than simply waiting a few weeks). Doesn't fit.

AsTheQuoFlies

SW Member
I don't know. I certainly hope they do keep to their promise on this one. Why would the government float the idea of passports being cancelled for domestic use at all? By doing so (a) they set themselves up for another embarrassing climbdown and (b) they discourage new businesses from investing in using them at all (rather than simply waiting a few weeks). Doesn't fit.
I feel this is how re-opening will be sadly. Re-opening, dropping restrictions, but leaving the decision on passports slyly in the hands of business's.

The cynical, sly moves made - reopen at partial capacity with no discrimination, or, reopen fuller capacity but with hated domestic passports. They surely would not begin the reopening in this way unless this is the plan for all measures over next few weeks.

They can then say it's not their decision but a decision for each business. Slimey. I fear this discrimination is now here to stay. And our public by and large will not care as long as it means they now have their "freedom" - until vaccine expiry and need to keep vaccine pass up to date with boosters or be shut out also.

Doesnt seem to bother people members of their own family are now barred from cinemas, theatres, bars, restaurants. Public transport at some point. It is eerie, popping off to cinema while family or friends are barred. Such ignorant, callous acceptance of segregation.

BrendanCody

SW Member
I feel this is how re-opening will be sadly. Re-opening, dropping restrictions, but leaving the decision on passports slyly in the hands of business's.

The cynical, sly moves made - reopen at partial capacity with no discrimination, or, reopen fuller capacity but with hated domestic passports. They surely would not begin the reopening in this way unless this is the plan for all measures over next few weeks.

They can then say it's not their decision but a decision for each business. Slimey. I fear this discrimination is now here to stay. And our public by and large will not care as long as it means they now have their "freedom" - until vaccine expiry and need to keep vaccine pass up to date with boosters or be shut out also.

Doesnt seem to bother people members of their own family are now barred from cinemas, theatres, bars, restaurants. Public transport at some point. It is eerie, popping off to cinema while family or friends are barred. Such ignorant, callous acceptance of segregation.
The government, as usual, are hedging their bets and playing both sides against the middle.
The shaft of light is that popular dissent may see the end of this, and the callousness you mention might not actually be the case:
If businesses, promised increase sales, actually loose business because of introducing them, it is the businesses themselves who will kick back violently against the government on this in the end. It may already have happened behind the scenes - perhaps the much hated vaccine passports have already caused so much trouble on the ground that industry has warned the government. Hence the promised rollback.

Last edited:

AsTheQuoFlies

SW Member
The government, as usual, are hedging their bets and playing both sides against the middle.
The shaft of light is that popular dissent may see the end of this, and the callousness you mention might not actually be the case:
If businesses, promised increase sales, actually loose business because of introducing them, it is the businesses themselves who will kick back violently against the government on this in the end. It may already have happened behind the scenes - perhaps the much hated vaccine passports have already caused so much trouble on the ground that industry has warned the government. Hence the promised rollback.
I hope so. Thank you for the thoughts, hope you're right and this abhorrence does not succeed.

Louis-Ferdinand Céline

SW Member
Founding Member
I was down in Westport for the last 9 days. I've always heard great things about the place, but this was the first time I got to experience it. I honestly think that the people of Westport are some of the nicest, friendliest, decent people I've ever meet on God's earth. They truly embody the Irish spirit of friendliness like no other county/town. The best thing though, something that blew my mind, was that the vast majority of the people that I spoke to, and I'm talking about a few hundred people, were all quite right wing. Like most of us, they weren't "racist", they simply had very rational views on these matters. What surprised me even more, I was chatting to a young lad last night, an 17/18 year. We were talking politics and I could tell that we were on the same boat, and we eventually got to the topic of Trump. He said that people in Westport were big Trump fans, and that most of the people he knew at least supported Trump. He tested the theory too. His friend came back from taking a piss, and he asked his friend: Trump or Biden? His friend responded, saying Trump, Biden's a dementia patient. That seriously shocked me, because I'd never meet a real life Trump fan before, never mind a town full of them.

On top of all that, the people around there seem to have a proper rebel spirit; lots of the locals, especially the youth, weren't vaccinated. They had a very classical liberal/libertarian view on these topics; they believed that men should be free to make their own choices in life. I know at least a handful of pubs there who weren't doing vaccine certs too. Most of them were less central, but it was great to see all the same. Another thing that I must add here, that shook me, the girls, no matter the age, were all quite modest and virtuous. I was drinking with a young one, an 18 year old, overall several days. Really nice girl, very attractive, and in the whole period of she wasn't with a man once. This is something so rare, so beautiful. In most of the country, our girls are quite frankly on the slutty side of life, something I detest, something that I view as deeply dangerous to our society.

Honestly the whole period has blown my mind, and gave me hope at the same time, as it honestly went against so many of my own stereotypical views of the Irish. It was not to far way from stepping into a parallel universe, one that I'd never want to leave.

Last edited:

Louis-Ferdinand Céline

SW Member
Founding Member
Seen this just before I left :ROFLMAO:

trumport.jpg

page61

Founding Member
SW Member
I was down in Westport for the last 9 days. I've always heard great things about the place, but this was the first time I got to experience it. I honestly think that the people of Westport are some of the nicest, friendliest, decent people I've ever meet on God's earth. They truly embody the Irish spirit of friendliness like no other county/town. The best thing though, something that blew my mind, was that the vast majority of the people that I spoke to, and I'm talking about a few hundred people, were all quite right wing. Like most of us, they weren't "racist", they simply had very rational views on these matters. What surprised me even more, I was chatting to a young lad last night, an 17/18 year. We were talking politics and I could tell that we were on the same boat, and we eventually got to the topic of Trump. He said that people in Westport were big Trump fans, and that most of the people he knew at least supported Trump. He tested the theory too. His friend came back from taking a piss, and he asked his friend: Trump or Biden? His friend responded, saying Trump, Biden's a dementia patient. That seriously shocked me, because I'd never meet a real life Trump fan before, never mind a town full of them.

On top of all that, the people around there seem to have a proper rebel spirit; lots of the locals, especially the youth, weren't vaccinated. They had a very classical liberal/libertarian view on these topics; they believed that men should be free to make their own choices in life. I know at least a handful of pubs there who weren't doing vaccine certs too. Most of them were less central, but it was great to see all the same. Another thing that I must add here, that shook me, the girls, no matter the age, were all quite modest and virtuous. I was drinking with a young one, an 18 year old, overall several days. Really nice girl, very attractive, and in the whole period of she wasn't with a man once. This is something so rare, so beautiful. In most of the country, our girls are quite frankly on the slutty side of life, something I detest, something that I view as deeply dangerous to our society.

Honestly the whole period has blown my mind, and gave me hope at the same time, as it honestly went against so many of my own stereotypical views of the Irish. It was not to far way from stepping into a parallel universe, one that I'd never want to leave.
In most of the country, our girls are quite frankly on the slutty side of life, something I detest, something that I view as deeply dangerous to our society.

What a bizarre and untrue statement . You have a strange view of Women . Do you think they should only be allowed out if dressed as a Nun? ... I also severely doubt that the people of westport are all pro trump and anti vax..

Louis-Ferdinand Céline

SW Member
Founding Member
What a bizarre and untrue statement . You have a strange view of Women . Do you think they should only be allowed out if dressed as a Nun? ... I also severely doubt that the people of westport are all pro trump and anti vax..
Do you think I come from a cave or something? I've known hundreds of girls in my life from many walks of life, and it's generally true.

And I never said all, I said "He said that people in Westport were big Trump fans", so stop trying to put words in my mouth. It was said to me by locals, who know the place far better than you do. Do you honestly think that a Trump figurine would be on display in Dublin or Kildare somewhere? It wouldn't and you know it, because liberals idiots, like yourself, would be crying about it.

Honestly lad, you somehow manage to be one of the biggest tools on this site, time and time again. It's not even that you disagree, it's that your so aggressive, like a spiteful child. Chill the fuck out will you, you miserable little shit

page61

Founding Member
SW Member
Do you think I come from a cave or something? I've known hundreds of girls in my life from many walks of life, and it's generally true.

And I never said all, I said "He said that people in Westport were big Trump fans", so stop trying to put words in my mouth. It was said to me by locals, who know the place far better than you do. Do you honestly think that a Trump figurine would be on display in Dublin or Kildare somewhere? It wouldn't and you know it, because liberals idiots, like yourself, would be crying about it.

Honestly lad, you somehow manage to be one of the biggest tools on this site, time and time again. It's not even that you disagree, it's that your so aggressive, like a spiteful child. Chill the fuck out will you, you miserable little shit
Did I hit a raw nerve there Casanova . If you think all girls are on the slutty side of life but when you are picked up on it ..you have a little hissy fit. You sound like Christian brother material :).
As long as people say stupid things , I will continue to comment freely otherwise I would be a Sheep and a yesman . Sorry if I hurt your delicate feelings but your post was full of ridiclous untruths about the great town of Westport which I must have visited over 100 times so far .As for trump statues.. will you ever cop on.

Charlottesweb

SW Member
Founding Member
Another thing that I must add here, that shook me, the girls, no matter the age, were all quite modest and virtuous. I was drinking with a young one, an 18 year old, overall several days. Really nice girl, very attractive, and in the whole period of she wasn't with a man once. This is something so rare, so beautiful. In most of the country, our girls are quite frankly on the slutty side of life, something I detest, something that I view as deeply dangerous to our society.

Page61 is right. This is an odd thing to say, that its rare and beautiful that a girl would not be with a man over a course of a few days. Its realy not rare and "beautiful" is a weird descriptor for it.

My good man, hit the ignore button. It's like listening to birds chirping in the trees or waves crashing against the rocks.

Try it.

Latest Threads

Top Bottom