COVID-19 Irish Pubs reopening discussion thread

D

Deleted member 2525

I don't go to pubs anymore it has become a very negative experience covid or novid

bAd

Founding Member
Time to dust off the cobwebs and fire up them stil's, some home brewed booze and shebeen culture would be far healthier to the protection of our souls than social distancing and handing over addresses just to go for a coupla scoops.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2581

Don't really go to the pub anymore, the beers are usually sh1t tier and everything is wildly overpriced. Definitely won't be going now.
They should really deregulate alcohol licencing so anyone can sell it. I'd much prefer to go to a small late night cafe or something similar for a drink than the pub.

Myles O'Reilly

SW Member
Name and address?! Na, must be just the odd one doing that.

Had me first drink in near 4 months on Monday. Went in and had some chicken wings and 4 pints. Out in under 2 hours.

Surprisingly the large Weatherspoons near me remains closed yet a tiny wee pub just down from it is open!

IrishJohn

SW Member
Name and address?! Na, must be just the odd one doing that.

Had me first drink in near 4 months on Monday. Went in and had some chicken wings and 4 pints. Out in under 2 hours.

Surprisingly the large Weatherspoons near me remains closed yet a tiny wee pub just down from it is open!

Did you pay in cash ?

IrishJohn

SW Member
Don't really go to the pub anymore, the beers are usually sh1t tier and everything is wildly overpriced. Definitely won't be going now.
They should really deregulate alcohol licencing so anyone can sell it. I'd much prefer to go to a small late night cafe or something similar for a drink than the pub.

During the so called boom years Justice Minister Michael McDowell wanted to give cafes the right to serve alcohol but FF stopped him.

blue velvet

SW Member
Those cafe bars were a far sighted proposal. Typical FF gombeens killing it. Like the way they resisted taxi deregulation.

IrishJohn

SW Member
Don't agree with that. Taxi dereg was a God send.

Flooding the country with foreign cabbies was a disaster.

Taxi deregulation was a joke.

Do you remember when it happened ?

Rapists and murderers were able to get Taxi licences there was zero quality control.

Also Taximen who had paid 100k for their Taxi plates had the value of them wiped out over night.

Last edited:

bAd

Founding Member
If they don't get rid of these stupid covid regulations the pub trade will be finished.
I've absolutely no doubt that the decimation of the pub trade is intentional. The pub is more important to the spirit of the Irish people than the Catholic Church ever was.. and some powerful people *never* liked that.

The public must come to realise that humanity is truly in a "boiling frog" situation. The country needs to be red pilled as fast as possible. The lack of journalistic freedom is what has led us to this pitiful state of confusion.

The Irish and other Europeans must confront uncomfortable truths. The Covid is a totalitarian hoax. It's an unbelievably horrendous attack on our rights and freedoms that's being pushed by traitors disguised as leaders.

We need a revolution in freedom of speech with a focus on key truths and fast. To hell with censorship, political 'correctness' and the baby killers and their minions who lied about 9/11 so they can politely nibble on crumbs from Lucifers table.

Last edited:

Bill's Ballz

Founding Member
I haven't been to the new restaurant (cocktail sausages) pub thing, but will go when they actually open. I wouldn't be a habitual pub crawler - not since my wild youth - but I'll be damned if I am not going in to support my local pub(s).
What a dreary place sans pub we have become. Remember, letting the aul hair down every now and then is good for the soul.
Oh and if someone asks me my name I am Anne Smith. With an old phone number. Ditched the smart phone anyways. Enjoy the fresh creamy pints, everyone!

Bill's Ballz

Founding Member
Is this the most drawn out ordering of a beer you've ever heard?!

@ 1:22

Errww Hitchens is such a stuffed shirt. Smart man clearly, but about as much fun as an appointment with your nether regions physician. His genius brother would have had a bottle of champagne before Peter'd even ordered. You know what they say - it is better to burn up than to fade away. How we all need the sane voice of Christopher in these days.
Still, we make do with stuffed shirts. Better than nothing.

page61

Founding Member
SW Member
If i went to a pub it was always to meet friends and chat, or earlier to meet Women . I much prefer a few beers in a mates house or failing that on my own.

We were discussing the fizz in pub drinks recently....we (5 of us) agreed that other than stout (Murphys/Guinness etc ) it tastes better at home.
Last year a few of us went to Bath and the beer was so good in the pubs, plenty of local ales etc ,small batches

Myles O'Reilly

SW Member
Page I strongly recommend you visit your local Irish Spoons. His micro brewery Ales are top of the range. He (Tim Martin) takes real pride in sourcing quality stuff. And the great thing is these beers are literally half the price of an Irish equivalent.

Latest Threads

Top Bottom