Kin RTE ONE

2pacs

SW Member
Founding Member
SW Member

RTE one has a new Sunday drama, called Kin. It follows the Gangland Kinsella family, and their personal struggles in Dublin.

We are on week 3 of the series and it's not bad for an RTE show, well-produced, well made, and beautifully shot around Dublin with an all-star cast.

One thing I have noticed with the TV show however is the shoo-in of a Black person literally in every 2nd scene, be it the estranged daughter of one of the key characters, the gardai, one of the gang members, the girlfriend of a gang member, or detectives!

is this how it is in Dublin these days, or is the forced acceptance of black people in Irish society in everyday life despite it being far from the truth?

page61

Founding Member
SW Member
RTE one has a new Sunday drama, called Kin. It follows the Gangland Kinsella family, and their personal struggles in Dublin.

We are on week 3 of the series and it's not bad for an RTE show, well-produced, well made, and beautifully shot around Dublin with an all-star cast.

One thing I have noticed with the TV show however is the shoo-in of a Black person literally in every 2nd scene, be it the estranged daughter of one of the key characters, the gardai, one of the gang members, the girlfriend of a gang member, or detectives!

is this how it is in Dublin these days, or is the forced acceptance of black people in Irish society in everyday life despite it being far from the truth?
Of course its the truth ..sure its on the Telly lol

whyfillaw

SW Member
Founding Member
Fuck Rte.
I have never watched any drama that ORE TEE EEE have made since I left Ireland in 1985.When I returned in 2005 ,I installed a satellite Dish and watch Freesat channels that Sky carry on its schedule.I don't even watch this type of SHYTE put out on the freesat channels ,it is boring,formulaic, imitation of what achieved high rating the year before.
Give me classic movies B&W from 40s, 50s, early 60s anytime instead of ORE TEE EEE , expletives, course language,unreal storylines, token baddies, token ethnic minorities, the same pool of "Acting talent" getting the same role over and over in different dramas, mar dhea.
Boring, shyte, give me a Randolph Scott, B-western movie any time or even Columbo from the 1970s.

Vengeful Glutton

SW Member
Takes a certain type/class to watch that crap....šŸ¤£

Probably completely unrealistic, stylised, hollywood esque dross.

I guess the big question is, is there any BAME gangs from Blanchardistan in it?

No, I doubt it. Because that would be waaaaacist, innit?

There was a time when RTE were capable of churning out some good TV movies/dramas. Looooong time ago now.

Futility

Founding Member
I heard something about African , Asian Taxi drivers on the increase a while back, perhaps check out the colleges and universities too?
Depends on the origin and occupation from what I can see, Footballers, Boxers and Actors are fast becoming household names.
It's post truth now, everybody's got some :giggle:

sighthound

SW Member

Dont forget one of the lead characters (aidan gillen ) is a quare........ unheard of in gangland they normally shoot them !!

Latest Threads

Top Bottom